We ran our first Family Adventure back in 2005. Although I am Zephyr’s owner and a longtime tour guide, I took part as a tour participant since I was chaperoning my niece and nephew.
Fast forward 13 years and we are still running Family Adventures (including a Colorado Family Adventure in 2019.) This past July, we again offered a tour in Yellowstone and I again came along as a tour participant rather than a guide. This time, I brought my daughter Sydney, not quite five years old, on her first-ever Zephyr Adventure.
I am obviously biased as the owner of Zephyr Adventures but as an uncle and a dad, I can honestly say these family tours are amazing. Here is a bit of what we did in five days:
- Rode horses in the wide open spaces of Montana
- Swam in the natural hot springs pool of Chico Hot Springs
- Ate dinner in the Wild West-style Old Saloon, established in 1902 in Emigrant, Montana
- Explored Yellowstone’s mudpots, geysers, and fumeroles
- Hiked along the edge of the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone
- Earned Junior Ranger badges from the National Park Service
- Skipped stones into the Yellowstone River
- Took a wagon ride to a real cowboy/cowgirl cookout
- River rafted on the Gallatin River
But more important than what we did is how the group felt and acted. Here are some advantages of an organized family tour to consider as you are planning your vacations for 2019:
- You don’t have to do the planning. We do.
- You don’t have to do the driving. We do.
- You don’t have to answer questions like “Can we do this?” or “When will we get there?” We do.
- You get to watch your kid (s) have fun. It is amazing to see how much fun kids can have in a structured, relaxed, fun environment with other kids they just met.
- You get to have fun yourself, at times with your kids and at times with the other adults or even relaxing on your own. Splitting the group up for some events and keeping it together for others is one of the secrets that make these tours so fun.
We realize you have a budget for your vacations and we try very hard to give you great quality at a reasonable price. And we think we have achieved this on our family tours. So please consider joining Sydney and me on our Colorado Family Adventure in 2019!