Coming off the great success of the sold-out Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference held in Beer City, US (Asheville, NC), Zephyr is rolling right into our next exciting event of the summer, the Wine Bloggers Conference. We’ll be joining over 200 wine bloggers and industry folks for a delightfully educational and fun few days (August 13 – 16, 2015) in the Finger Lakes Wine Country in New York.
As you may know Zephyr Adventures not only offers active vacations around the globe but also organizes conferences for the wine, beer, food, and fitness industries each year. Through these conferences, we stay very well connected and have friends in locations that we visit, giving us insider knowledge and a better understanding of new trends occurring in the region, “can’t miss” attractions/activities to include in our itineraries, and the best places to eat, drink, and have fun in any given area – which in turn benefits our tours and you, our guests.
Though we don’t have an active tour of the Finger Lakes Wine Country yet, we would certainly recommend visiting this beautiful and affordable wine region on your own. Here are some interesting tidbits about the area:
- The Finger Lakes Wine Country is made up of three main lakes (Keuka, Seneca, and Cayuga) and is located in the west-central part of New York.
- There are three wine trails with over 100 wineries to explore, including the Cayuga Lake Wine Trail, America’s first organized and longest running wine trail in the country!
- The wineries in the region are responsible for yielding 90% of the total New York wine produced each year.
- It was recently ranked the #4 Wine Destination in the US by TripAdvisor
- Want to add on to your wine vacation? There are countless activities to choose from such as kayaking, hiking among waterfalls, auto racing, and swimming.
We’re looking forward to heading out to the Wine Bloggers Conference in a few weeks to further explore this amazing wine region – maybe we’ll see you out on the trail?