“I still don’t know why, exactly, but I do think people can have a spiritual connection to landscape, and I certainly did in Iceland.”
Iceland is currently one of the most popular travel destinations in the world – and for good reason! This beautiful country is home to a variety of stunning landscapes, including icy blue glaciers, craggy mountains, black sand beaches, and lush, green valleys. It also boasts many geothermal baths, volcanoes, and incredible bird and sea life such as puffins and whales.
Most tourists head straight for the “Golden Circle” route in the Southwest of Iceland close to Reykjavik (which we do recommend adding on to before or after our tour as it is worth checking out!). For this trip though, we prefer the route less traveled in the east of Iceland chock full of just as spectacular scenery and hiking trails, but much fewer people.
We’ll spend our days exploring coastline trails, hiking up mountainsides, descending to beautiful black sand beaches, and discovering cascading waterfalls. We’ll then come back to cozy accommodations equipped with traditional Icelandic hot tubs and saunas to melt away our stress and ease our sore muscles.
Private Tour Info
Interested in making this a private tour? Gather your friends and family, choose your dates, and let us do the planning!Start planning your private tour
- Dates: August 5 - 11, 2019
- Cost Per Person: $4,850
- Optional Single Supplement: $700
- Private Tour Minimum: 10
- Activities: Hiking
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Guides: Sonya Mapp
- Get off the beaten path to a sparsely populated and tranquil region of Iceland
- Photograph magnificent waterfalls, colorful mountains and the other-worldly Icelandic landscapes
- Climb Mt Snæfell (Snow Mountain), the highest free standing mountain in the country
- Visit a puffin colony for up close views of these clowns of the sea
- Relax in the outdoor hot tub under the midnight sun after a day of epic hiking
Flights to Reykjavik arrive at all times of the day. Depending on when you arrive, we will meet you at the airport or at our hotel for the night. Since arrival times will be varied, dinner will be on your own. Our hotel is located on one of the main shopping streets so we have many cafes and restaurants within walking distance to choose from.
Arrival & Departure
- A Zephyr guide along with a local guide, with a third guide added as necessary.
- Double occupancy lodging is included. If you are traveling solo, we will match you with another traveler of the same gender. However, you may pay a single supplement to have your own room.
- All dinners and breakfasts are included. In general, we leave lunches open so that you have time to explore and enjoy the local flavors en route. Gratuity for these meals is also included.
- All your transportation is included once you meet your guides on the first day, including our roundtrip internal flight from Reykjavik toEgilsstaðir.
- All group activities are included.
- NOT INCLUDED: lunches, beverages, desserts, gratuities to your guides, personal expenses, and travel to and from the destination.
Our hikes will cover a variety of terrain including rocky ascents and descents, please bring good shoes and, if you'd like, walking sticks. We will let you know ahead of time what to expect on each trail as well as if there are alternate routes.
Changes to Your Itinerary
While everything under “What is Included” will remain the same, the actual restaurants, hotels, and activities listed in our itineraries are subject to modifications. Changes that are out of our control are common – a restaurant closes or loses its awesome chef, a winery changes its visiting hours, a hotel gets remodeled, a road or trail undergoes construction. You are entrusting us to create an outstanding vacation for you and so it is possible we may take the liberty of making necessary changes (even at the last minute, during the guides’ scout trip) to the itinerary that will improve your overall trip experience.
Book this Tour
Save my Spot
Not ready to book yet? Save your spot by sending us an email request to put you on our pre-register list. Save your spot today.
I'm interested in this tour, but want to know more. Get in touch with us.
Plan a Private Tour
Looking to book this itinerary as a private tour? Complete our private tour inquiry form to get started.