This private trip is offered for members of the Boeing Employee Travel Club and their friends
“I believe that South Africa is the most beautiful place on earth. Admittedly, I am biased…” – Nelson MandelaThere truly aren’t enough positive adjectives to describe South Africa. It is by far one of the most breathtaking countries we have ever visited. The wine country is beautiful, Cape Town is wonderful, and the people are exotic. And, everything from South Africa’s inspirational history of a nonviolent handover of power, to its incredible game drives will leave you both wowed and enchanted. One of the best things about South Africa, however, is that it combines the wonders of Africa with the convenience of a modern economy. On your visit, you won’t have to forgo safe air travel, modern hotels, or high-quality restaurants. This trip is divided into three distinct parts: Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula, the wine area around the university town of Stellenbosch, and the Thornybush Game Reserve. Although this is a wine adventure (we will be hiking and tasting our way through South Africa’s scenic wine country), we couldn’t resist adding a three day safari in a very non-wine area: the Thornybush Private Reserve near Kruger National Park. Cape Town is a fantastic, vibrant city in an utterly stunning setting; our hike up Table Mountain gives us 360-degree views of the city and surrounding Cape geography. Near Stellenbosch we hike in and around vineyards and wineries, with wine tastings during or after each hike. All this is capped off by the safari, an experience one 11-trip veteran of Zephyr called “the most amazing experience of my life.” Our safari near Kruger National Park is truly the highlight of the trip. There’s nothing like sitting in an open Land Rover as your ranger and spotter track a pride of lions or a herd of elephants. It’s an incredible event, and something everyone should have the opportunity to experience at least once in a lifetime.
DAY 1: Flights to Cape Town airport arrive at all times of the day. If you arrive early enough, you can spend some time walking around Cape Town, schedule a tour to visit a nearby “shanty town” township, visit the incredible Kirstenbosch botanical gardens, or take a trip to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for so many years of his life. We will meet as a group late this afternoon for an introduction to one another and to South Africa’s wines. Afterwards, we’ll have a short walk to dinner at…SEE FULL ITINERARY
- Members of the Boeing Employee Travel Club will receive a 10% discount on the listed price above. Discount is not valid on internal airfare or single supplement.
- Internal air costs are not included in the trip price. We will purchase and bill you for the cost of the domestic flights and include this amount in your invoice.
- Your final payment for the trip and internal airfare is due 90 days from the start of the trip, and at this point becomes non-refundable or transferable to another trip. Please strongly consider trip insurance!
For More Information
- See Frequently Asked Questions for this specific trip.
- See our General FAQs page for general tour questions.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Call us at 888.758.8687 or email us to check availability, or to ask any questions you may have regarding this trip or any other travel ideas you may be considering.
- TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE: You can book online or by calling us at 888.758.8687. Zephyr Adventures requires a 500 deposit (payable by check or credit card) at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable by check or credit card no later than 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? We will send you a confirmation email after we receive your booking, as well as a link to detailed printer-friendly pre-departure documents: arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, a packing list, an invoice, information about your trip location and guides. It will also include a link to an information form and liability waiver. We will also provide you with a link to information about travel insurance. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance because it protects you if you have an unexpected change in travel plans. Please do not purchase airfare until you have received your pre-departure documents.
“I’d dreamed of visiting Africa for many years and finally booked this trip for my 50th birthday. After so many years of thinking about it I wondered if I’d have to manage my expectations. Zephyr far exceeded them. Thanks for making all the waiting worthwhile.” – Terese S.