“There is no other sport that’s as fun and works your body like inline skating. Check out a person out for a run, they aren’t smiling. When you see a person inline skating, they are almost always smiling – and that is contagious!”
– Thomas Hyser, Rollerblade
SORRY, THIS TRIP IS SOLD OUT! IF YOU’D LIKE TO BE ADDED TO THE WAITLIST, PLEASE CONTACT US.
Quebec and Montreal offer a variety of diverse and delightful skate paths that take us through forests, cities, villages, under railroad trestles, and along streams. We’ll start by shuttling north from Montreal to the beautiful Le P’tit Train du Nord. It’s a sensational 200-kilometer (124 miles) long trail that has been converted from a railroad route. As you roll down the smooth pavement, you can’t help but smile while you watch the forests and lakes of Quebec’s north woods drift by. But don’t worry, we won’t require you to skate the entire trail – only 94 kilometers (58 miles) are actually paved!
After two days up north, we will head back and stop near the town of Granby to skate on the L’Estriade and Granbyenne trails, followed by Montreal’s “Grand Loop,” using the Rene Levesque and Lachine Canal trails. On our final day, we skate from our hotel across a bridge to Canada’s Grand Prix racetrack, which is open to inline skaters (when it’s not filled with Formula One race cars, of course).
Although you’ll be in Canada, you’ll feel like you’re across the Atlantic. Montreal has a decidedly European flair and your ears will delight in the sounds of the French-speaking population (most of whom will be just as happy to converse with you in English). The best part about the location, however, is the shortened plane ride (as opposed to flying to Europe)!
DAY 1: We meet this morning in the heart of Old Montreal before boarding a luxury bus and heading for the Laurentides region north of the city. Although many residents of Montreal are bilingual, by the time we get to our destination up north, you’ll be hearing lots of “bonjour”s. After lunch (we highly recommend the fondue Chinois or the poutin) we arrive at Val-Barrette near the northern end of the paved P’tit Train du Nord trail. From here, the choices for skating are numerous. The trail passes restored train depots, beaver dams, forests and rivers before finally ending at Lac-Saguay….SEE FULL ITINERARY
Real People, Real Experiences – What To Expect On This Trip
As on all of our adventures, we want to ensure you have the best experience possible – which is why we like to set expectations appropriately for every trip. Check out What To Expect On This Trip .
For More Information
- See Frequently Asked Questions for this specific trip.
- See our General FAQs page for general tour questions.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Call us at 888.758.8687 or email us to check availability, or to ask any questions you may have regarding this trip or any other travel ideas you may be considering.
TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE: You can book online or by calling us at 888.758.8687. Zephyr Adventures requires a 500 deposit (payable by check or credit card) at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable by check or credit card no later than 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? We will send you a confirmation email after we receive your booking, as well as a link to detailed printer-friendly pre-departure documents: arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, a packing list, an invoice, information about your trip location and guides. It will also include a link to an information form and liability waiver. We will also provide you with a link to information about travel insurance. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance because it protects you if you have an unexpected change in travel plans. Please do not purchase airfare until you have received your pre-departure documents.
“My favorite moment was skating in the dew of the morning around the lake in Granby, inhaling in the lovely freshness of the morning and catching a glimpse of wildlife – deer, bunnies, songbirds – was magical! This moment will be stowed in my ‘happy place’ to be pulled out when I need to relax.” (Marlena C.)
Want to make this trip even more memorable? Grab your friends and pick a date.