Main image credit: Alexei Dmitriev
“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
– Mary Anne Radmacher Hershey
Peru offers great civilizations, vast landscapes, and a people rich and alive in their culture and history. Peru is one of the hot spots of adventure travel, primarily because it is home to both Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail. If you have always wanted to hike the Inca Trail but were intimidated by the challenging terrain, the steepness, the altitude, or the length of the Classic Inca Trail route, we now have an option for you (and it doesn’t include any camping)! You can hike only the best section of the trail in one day (10 kilometers).
While on the trail, we will be walking on the exact stones that were laid down by thousands of workers, more than 500 years ago. This short route also includes beautiful scenery, a variety of flora and fauna, a visit to Wiñay Wayna (a ruins along the trail that rivals Machu Picchu for beauty), and ends at the Sun Gate overlooking Machu Picchu.This trip also includes airport-to-airport service, acclimatization hikes and activities in the Sacred Valley and Cusco, and a scenic train ride through the Andes.
DAY 1: We will meet you at the Cusco airport whenever you arrive and whisk you away to our downtown Cusco hotel. Because our group can arrive at any time, the day and is free for you to explore this magical town in the Andes, or simply relax and recover from your flight…SEE FULL ITINERARY
Real People, Real Experiences – What To Expect On This Trip
As on all of our adventures, we want to ensure you have the best experience possible – which is why we like to set expectations appropriately for every trip. Check out What To Expect On This Trip.
- Because we must provide a deposit to our local outfitters, the 500 deposit for this trip is not refundable or transferable to another trip, starting seven days after you receive your tour confirmation email and we have either sent your pre-departure documents or purchased trail passes for you. Please strongly consider trip insurance!
- Inca Trail passes are limited to 500 travelers and local staff each day. Passes always sell out! Please book as early as possible.
For More Information
- See Frequently Asked Questions for this specific trip.
- Visit our entire Inca Trail Hiking website.
- See our special page on Machu Picchu.
- See our General FAQs page for general tour questions.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Call us at 888.758.8687 or email us to check availability, or to ask any questions you may have regarding this trip or any other travel ideas you may be considering.
TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE: You can book online or by calling us at 888.758.8687. Zephyr Adventures requires a 500 deposit (payable by check or credit card) at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable by check or credit card no later than 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? We will send you a confirmation email after we receive your booking, as well as a link to detailed printer-friendly pre-departure documents: arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, a packing list, an invoice, information about your trip location and guides. It will also include a link to an information form and liability waiver. We will also provide you with a link to information about travel insurance. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance because it protects you if you have an unexpected change in travel plans. Please do not purchase airfare until you have received your pre-departure documents.
“It was a most wonderful adventure. Our guide, Santiago, was a treasure.” – Jim W.