“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.”
– Mary Anne Radmacher Hershey
Sorry, this trip has sold out, but we have space on our regular October trek. Additionally, you can book your own private trek with as few as two people.
Pick your date, gather your friends and hike the Inca Trail on a private trek! For groups of two or more.
Hike the amazing Inca Trail to Machu Picchu on this incredible eight-day Peru Adventure. Peru offers great civilizations, vast landscapes, and a people rich and alive in their culture and history. Peru is one of the hot spots of adventure travel, primarily because it is home to both Machu Picchu and the Inca Trail.On this Classic Inca Trail trek, we will be walking on the exact stones that were laid down by thousands of workers, more than 500 years ago. The Classic Inca Trail is used by most trekkers in Peru and has been immortalized as a phenomenal adventure travel destination. It is a remarkable four-day hike that crosses Dead Woman’s Pass (4,200 meters or 13,860 feet in elevation), offers stunning views of the surrounding cloud forest and peaks of the Andes Mountains, visits several isolated Incan ruins en route, and ends at the Sun Gate overlooking Machu Picchu. The local staff, who will carry your equipment, cook your meals, and cater to your every need are amazing and help make each expedition a success. While trekking the Inca Trail, we have a staff to hiker ratio of about 1.5 to 1, with all the staff from the same village, Cachiccata, in the Sacred Valley. We sleep in tents for our three nights on the Inca Trail but our trek includes what we call luxury camping: porters carry most of your gear, your tent will be set up for you, tea, coffee and hot water will be delivered to your tent door each morning, all meals will be cooked for you, and you have use of the all-important toilet tent. This trip includes airport-to-airport service, acclimatization hikes in the Sacred Valley, a scenic train ride through the Andes, and a post-trek day in Cusco.
DAY 1: We will meet you at the Cusco airport at 11 AM, or our downtown Cusco hotel at noon and head for a wonderful introductory lunch. Our destination today is the quaint village of Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley outside of Cusco, which is at 2750 meters (over 9000 feet) above sea level. We’ll spend our afternoon acclimatizing to the altitude while we hike around town for several hours and visit the archaeological remains. Ollantaytambo was an important fortified city, built to control the roads to the jungle and, according to many historians, to allow the great Incan capital to protect its people from their enemies, the Antis. From there, we will check into our hotel and enjoy dinner and perhaps our first wonderful sips of coca tea.
DAY 2: After breakfast, we shuttle to the Moray agricultural laboratory, also located in the Sacred Valley. This impressive off-the-beaten-path site…SEE FULL ITINERARY
Real People, Real Experiences – What To Expect On This Trip
As on all of our adventures, we want to ensure you have the best experience possible – which is why we like to set expectations appropriately for every trip. Check out What To Expect On This Trip .
- Because we must provide a deposit to our local outfitters, the 500 deposit for this trip is not refundable or transferable to another trip, starting seven days after you receive your tour confirmation email and we have either sent your your pre-departure documents or purchased trail passes for you. Please strongly consider trip insurance!
- Optional sleeping bag rental of 75 is not included.
- You can optionally pay an additional 82 to climb up Huayna Picchu, the mountain the looms another 1000+ feet above Machu Picchu, when we are visiting the ruins. (The Peruvian government charges an extra fee for this climb.) You will climb with one of our guides and although no technical skills are necessary, the hike is only suitable for those with plenty of endurance, good balance, and no fear of heights.
- Inca Trail passes are limited to 500 travelers and local staff each day. Passes always sell out! Please book as early as possible.
For More Information
- See Frequently Asked Questions for this specific trip.
- Visit our entire Inca Trail Hiking website.
- See our special page on Machu Picchu.
- See this Classic Inca Trail map for an overview of the hike.
- See our General FAQs page for general tour questions.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Call us at 888.758.8687 or email us to check availability, or to ask any questions you may have regarding this trip or any other travel ideas you may be considering.
TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE: You can book online or by calling us at 888.758.8687. Zephyr Adventures requires a 500 deposit (payable by check or credit card) at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable by check or credit card no later than 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? We will send you a confirmation email after we receive your booking, as well as a link to detailed printer-friendly pre-departure documents: arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, a packing list, an invoice, information about your trip location and guides. It will also include a link to an information form and liability waiver. We will also provide you with a link to information about travel insurance. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance because it protects you if you have an unexpected change in travel plans. Please do not purchase airfare until you have received your pre-departure documents.
“It was a most wonderful adventure and, for me, a supreme test of physical endurance and determination. Our guide, Santiago, was a treasure.” – Jim W.