“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
SORRY – this trip has no availability. Please contact us if you are interested in a future trip.Ecuador is an amazing country with an array of sights but two regions stand out as worldwide wonders: the Amazon and the Galapagos Islands. We’ll visit both regions on this tour of Ecuador, exploring the natural environment via foot, kayak, and snorkel gear, with a couple of nights near Ecuador’s capital city of Quito (pronounced KEE-toh). We begin our tour in the Amazon rainforest, the largest rainforest on earth and home to 427 mammals (including monkeys, sloths, and river dolphins), 1,300 birds (parrots, toucans, and harpy eagles), 378 reptiles (caimans and lizards), and a host of flora. Surprisingly, you’ll notice very few mosquitos! You’ll have a chance to explore the lush and bewildering rainforest from the inside (via daytime and nighttime hikes), from the outside (via canoe) and from above the canopy (via a 120-foot platform in the trees). We’ll be miles and miles from civilization, but you won’t realize it when you are in such luxurious accommodations. On the second half of our tour, we’ll visit the Galapagos Islands, a volcanic archipelago consisting of over 90 islands in the Pacific Ocean, and located approximately 1,000 kilometers off Ecuador’s west coast. They are considered one of the premier wildlife-viewing destinations in the world and were among the first group of sites added to the World Heritage List in 1978. Follow in the footsteps of a young Charles Darwin, who visited the islands in 1835. His observations of the different species living in the Galapagos, particularly the finches, later inspired his theory of evolution. “It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change.”
Create amazing memories as we explore the islands’ isolated terrain which shelters an enormous number of diverse plant and animal species, many of which are not found anywhere else in the world!
About this Private Adventure
This is an exclusive, intimate adventure brought to you by the UW-Stout Alumni Association, the UW-La Crosse Alumni Association, and the UW-La Crosse Continuing Education and Extension. This adventure allows alumni, friends and family of UW-Stout and UW-La Crosse to remain connected in a unique way!
DAY 1: Welcome to Ecuador, the most diverse country on the planet, offering more unique wildlife viewing experiences than almost any other place on earth! You can arrive any time today and we will meet you at the airport and transfer you to our accommodations for the night, a 15-minute drive from the Quito airport. Tonight, we will enjoy our first taste of traditional and delicious Ecuadorian cuisine as we meet each other and preview our trip.
DAY 2: This morning we’ll head straight back to the airport for a short flight to Coca, the gateway to the Amazon. We will continue our journey via motorized canoe…SEE FULL ITINERARY
Real People, Real Experiences – What To Expect On This Trip
As on all of our adventures, we want to ensure you have the best experience possible – which is why we like to set expectations appropriately for every trip. Check out What To Expect On This Trip.
- Your final payment for the trip and internal airfare is due 90 days from the start of the trip, and at this point becomes non-refundable or transferable to another trip. Please strongly consider travel insurance!
For More Information
- See Frequently Asked Questions for this specific trip.
- See our General FAQs page for general tour questions.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Call us at 888.758.8687 or email us to check availability, or to ask any questions you may have regarding this trip or any other travel ideas you may be considering.
TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE: You can book online or by calling us at 888.758.8687. Zephyr Adventures requires a 500 deposit (payable by check or credit card) at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable by check or credit card no later than 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? We will send you a confirmation email after we receive your booking, as well as a link to detailed printer-friendly pre-departure documents: arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, a packing list, an invoice, information about your trip location and guides. It will also include a link to an information form and liability waiver. We will also provide you with a link to information about travel insurance. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance because it protects you if you have an unexpected change in travel plans. Please do not purchase airfare until you have received your pre-departure documents.
“The Galapagos Islands tour was magical for me. It was the perfect combination of exploration, beauty, and wonder. We spent our days sidled up next to sea lions, chasing after the spectacular marine iguana and quietly watching the mating dance of the blue-footed booby. All of those things I’d seen on documentaries, they were right there in front of me. I’ve been fortunate to have traveled the world, but when people ask me where I’d go back to, the Galapagos is always at the top of my list. There was just so much to see and experience! – Ron W.