Oregon Wine, Hike, & Bike Adventure
Night 1 >> Hood River Inn / Hood River, Oregon
It’s not often you get a view like this! Panoramic views of the Columbia River from your porch or patio, plus a private beach, and a new pool, hot tub, and fitness facility at river's edge will all make your stay ultra memorable.
Night 2 >> Grand Hotel / Salem, Oregon
Located in the heart of downtown Salem, the Grand is consistently rated the top hotel in Salem. You'll see why when you make yourself at home in your spacious and well-appointed room.
Nights 3 & 4 >> Excelsior Inn / Eugene, Oregon
This intimate boutique B & B has a warm and cozy atmosphere and has only 14 rooms, each of them unique and each named for classical composers. Its location offers easy walking access to the vibrant University area of one of our absolutely favorite towns.
We begin in Portland and end in Eugene, two of the hippest and most fun towns in Oregon. Your Zephyr guides will meet you in either downtown Portland or at the Portland airport (code PDX) on the first afternoon of the trip. On the last day, we will drop you off at the Eugene airport (code EUG) or the Eugene Amtrack station, where you can catch a flight home or a train back to Portland. You should either purchase an “open-jaw” ticket that flies into Portland and out of Eugene, or simply purchase a round-trip ticket to either city, allowing time for a train ride from Eugene to Portland either prior to the start of the trip (if flying in and out of Eugene) or after the trip (if flying in and out of Portland). We will send you further details upon booking.
Dates: July 23 - 27, 2017
Trip Length: 5 Days & 4 Nights
Activities: Hiking & Biking
“A bottle of wine contains more philosophy than all the books in the world.”
– Louis PasteurFrom its rough-and-tumble coastline to volcanic mountains, crystal-clear lakes and high deserts, Oregon offers an unparalleled diversity in landscapes and beauty. What you might not realize is that the state is also a world-class wine region with 17 distinct winegrowing regions and more than 450 wineries producing 72 varieties of grapes (including renowned Pinot Noirs that have won many awards in recent years)! However, Oregon is still in its infancy as far as wine tourism is considered. Oregon’s wine country is spread over thousands of acres and dominated by small, family run wineries. Each owner and vintner we meet has a great story and we will hear many of them as we taste the local Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, and Riesling wines. On this five-day active wine adventure, we visit wine regions ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the hip college town of Eugene to the base of Mt. Hood, to the northern Willamette Valley . . . and explore the areas by foot and by bicycle. All this makes our wine adventure in Oregon unique and special. Join us and be in the vanguard of active wine tourism!
DAY 1: After assembling our group in Portland after lunch, we’ll travel east and into the Hood River Valley. On the way, we stop for a quick peek at one of Oregon’s biggest attractions: the 620-foot high Multnomah Falls. From there, we begin our exploration of the wines of the Columbia Gorge AVA (American Viticultural Area) with a vineyard walk and tasting at one of the many great local wineries. Afterward, we can choose to explore the cute downtown of Hood River, or take in some more wines at the tasting room of Naked Wines (full of double entendres, yes this place is as fun as it sounds) before checking…SEE FULL ITINERARY
For More Information
- See Frequently Asked Questions for this specific trip.
- See our General FAQs page for general tour questions.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Call us at 888.758.8687 or email us to check availability, or to ask any questions you may have regarding this trip or any other travel ideas you may be considering.
TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE: You can book online or by calling us at 888.758.8687. Zephyr Adventures requires a 500 deposit (payable by check or credit card) at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable by check or credit card no later than 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? We will send you a confirmation email after we receive your booking, as well as a link to detailed printer-friendly pre-departure documents: arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, a packing list, an invoice, information about your trip location and guides. It will also include a link to an information form and liability waiver. We will also provide you with a link to information about travel insurance. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance because it protects you if you have an unexpected change in travel plans. Please do not purchase airfare until you have received your pre-departure documents.
“I enjoyed the variety of activities and, honestly, I learned a great deal about winemaking – while having a blast doing so! The little touches by our guides all hit the spot too.” – Chris P.
Want to make this trip even more memorable? Grab your friends and pick a date.