“Cuba is such a beautiful country, and everywhere you go, there’s music and people dancing…” – Julia Sawalha
On June 16th, President Trump announced that individual Cuba people-to-people travel will no longer be permitted for American citizens. Group travel that falls under the people-to-people category, like our tour, will continue to be permitted.Cuba is a country of dichotomies: timeworn yet stunning, in disrepair yet distinguished, tired yet vivacious. From the colorful and historical streets of Havana and Trinidad to the sparkling, crystal clear waters of the Caribbean, to the natural beauty of national parks and world heritage sites throughout the country, Cuba has something for everyone. Since the 1962 US embargo, travel to Cuba has been off limits to most Americans – until now. To say we are excited to be hosting a Cuba adventure would be an understatement. This is a people-to-people exchange where we will have the opportunity to not only explore and learn about the amazing natural resources of Cuba through hiking, biking, and snorkeling but learn about and immerse ourselves into a complex culture complete with rich and meaningful interactions with the people of Cuba. During our time there, we will visit with naturalists, farmers, historians, artists, entrepreneurs and more. Travel to Cuba is not first-class sailing. The country has suffered because of the embargo and its own policies. But in terms of experiencing the world, this is an amazing trip. We encourage you to check your pre-conceived notions at the door and be ready to learn about and live the vibrant and fascinating culture of Cuba!
DAY 1: Bienvenido a Cuba! With the change in US travel laws and newly added commercial flights, travel to Cuba directly from the U.S. has become legal and fairly easy. On this first day of our tour, we will pick you up at the Cienfuegos airport or a casa particular (if you arrived the day before) and head southeast to our first destination – Guajimico Villa….SEE FULL ITINERARY
Real People, Real Experiences – What To Expect On This Trip
As on all of our adventures, we want to ensure you have the best experience possible – which is why we like to set expectations appropriately for every trip. Check out What To Expect On This Trip.
- In addition to a valid passport, you will need to purchase a Cuban Travel Visa in order to enter the country. We will provide information on how to obtain this in your Pre-Departure Packet.
- U.S. medical insurance is not valid in Cuba. You will need to purchase temporary Cuban insurance for this trip and provide proof of insurance as you enter the country. We will provide information on how to obtain this in your Pre-Departure Packet.
- Because we are visiting a developing country, there may be unforeseen travel hiccups or circumstances that are hard to plan for, including delays in flights back home out of Havana. Please strongly consider trip insurance!
- Your final payment for the trip is due 90 days from the start of the trip, and at this point becomes non-refundable or transferable to another trip. This includes alumni and those with high-roller status.
- Zephyr is partnering with a local agency to organize and conduct authorized people-to-people travel to Cuba that engages participants in meaningful interactions with individuals in Cuba.
For More Information
- See Frequently Asked Questions for this specific trip.
- See our General FAQs page for general tour questions.
- INTERESTED IN JOINING US? Call us at 888.758.8687 or email us to check availability, or to ask any questions you may have regarding this trip or any other travel ideas you may be considering.
TO BOOK YOUR ADVENTURE: You can book online or by calling us at 888.758.8687. Zephyr Adventures requires a 500 deposit (payable by check or credit card) at the time of booking. The remaining balance is payable by check or credit card no later than 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- WHAT HAPPENS NEXT? We will send you a confirmation email after we receive your booking, as well as a link to detailed printer-friendly pre-departure documents: arrival and departure information, suggestions for making travel arrangements, a packing list, an invoice, information about your trip location and guides. It will also include a link to an information form and liability waiver. We will also provide you with a link to information about travel insurance. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance because it protects you if you have an unexpected change in travel plans. Please do not purchase airfare until you have received your pre-departure documents.